About Me

My photo
Just a meandering soul sharing my backyard. Visit my Flickr page too! www.flickr.com/photos/meanderingwa/

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Arbor Day, 2010







WAITING FOR A MESSAGE


Rochelle Mass

Trees help you see slices of sky between branches.






point to things you could never reach.

Trees help you watch the growing happen,




Watch blossoms burst then die,




See shade twist to the pace of the sun,






Birds tear at unwilling seeds.








Trees take the eye to where it is,

to where it was,

then over to distant hills,






Faraway to other places and times,

long ago.





A tree is a lens,

a viewfinder, a window .

I wait below





for a message

of what is yet to come.

1 comment:

  1. Today, as I drove home from town on a different road, I saw yet another thing that trees do: Show you from where the prevailing winds blow. I want to back and try to capture that. Your photos are, as always, absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete